Incy Wincy Spider

Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out,
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the spout again.


Just like Incy Wincy (or some people call him Itsy Bitsy), life with ME is a constant battle to move one step forward. Living with a M.E. is difficult but I think most people with this neuro immune condition have personalities that shine through this chronic illness and are always striving either through campaign and advocacy work or through searching for recommended treatments etc, to get well again.

We will win this battle and we will reach the top of the spout one day!


Friday 10 June 2011

A little bit about me, my life, and also my ME/CFS

For Bloggerama Day by Action Now on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221323434553400

Something about myself...for old friends and new ones too.


Just a little something to let you know a little (more) about me.

I'm married to the most amazing man called Clive and I will be eternally grateful for having him by my side through all we have been through and so lucky that I met him when I was only 15 and he was 18. We have built a life together and gone through some very tough times that have made us love each other even more and strengthened our relationship.

I have a wonderful caring family especially my parents Alan and Madeline and my brother Alan and his lovely family. 

I have friends who mean the world to me even though I don't see them very often...they are always in my thoughts and forever in my heart.

I live my life these days mainly through the internet, Facebook has opened a whole new world to me and I have made some friends that I truly cherish, reconnected with friends that I am loving having back in my life and also keeping in touch with old friends and family on a daily basis. Just by reading what they are up to I feel part of their lives again.

For the past 14 years I have been coping with a chronic illness called M.E. It's not so widely understood...it even confuses me...and it affects every part of my life, bringing so many limitations to my life that i have now learned to take each day as it comes and live for the moment. 

I am blessed that I am a creative person. Nothing I make is particularly wonderful but I love the excitement of making something from nothing...recycling old fabrics or creating something from wire that turns out beautiful (to me) is one of my favourite pastimes.

I am a friendly caring type of person and I always try to stay true to my Geordie roots. I live in Scotland but I am proud to be English through and through and am lucky to have a lovely home and a garden that I adore working in when I am well enough.

I adore animals and over the years we have had 13 cats, 3 dogs,5 goats,numerous chickens, cockerels, fish and visiting hedgehogs, house martins and pipistrelle bats.

I love movies, music and reading and can quite happily while away many hours just content in my own little world reading poetry or science fiction novels.

My favourite place to be is right by my husbands side...wherever he is I am happy!

I love the sea, I am originally from a coastal town so whenever I am feeling low I head for the seaside, which thankfully is only 20 minutes away. 

I am not particularly religious although I do believe there is some higher power. I suppose I am a type of agnostic, but one that really truly wants there to be a God, a God that is kind and just and not at all judgemental or vengeful. I think my morals are my religion and for now that is enough.

I'm not a great talker but I am a good listener. I always try to help people whenever I can and I can always say I did try. 

I have been hurt in friendship by a person I loved like a sister.She was overcome by alcoholism and sadly became a different person because of it. She was the most adorable, kind and funny friend anyone could wish for but alcohol slowly stripped that all away and left a shell of her former self, a paranoid, hate filled self distructive shell. We broke our friendship because of how her abusive behaviour was affecting my health & also I wasn't good for her, I was always forgiving her when she really needed someone stronger to stand up to her appalling behaviour.Only six months later she was dead. I have an overwhelming hatred for alcohol now...it cost me my best friend!

This has not stopped me from loving. Life must go on and new friendships and old have even greater meaning to me now. I have learned from that experience though. I have learned that people must want to help themselves before anyone can help them. I hope all my friends know I am here for them and that I will move heaven and earth to be the best friend I can be.

I think I am a positive person and I am happiest when in the company of people who can express themselves with humour. I've lived by the funniest man alive for almost thirty years so it had to rub off on me...lol.

When I am cured of M.E. I am going to make up for all these years where I have missed out on the people I love. I am never going to say no to anything and I am going to live my life to it's fullest again. 

I suppose there is lots more I could say but that is the basics about me.

Carole.x